Our immediate five sports complex goals include:
– Installation of an artificial playing surface on the Football/Soccer field
– Renovation of the school athletic track
– Installation of a video-capable sports scoreboard
– Installation of a life-size bronze statue of Kenny Washington
– Redesign and rebuilding of school stadium seating and press box construction
The projected timetable to complete these initial major renovations to the facility is about 3-4 years. After the completion and renaming of the stadium, the Foundation sees in its future a role as the sports complex caretaker and facilitator of community-based sports events at the location.
Concurrently, the Foundation is also engaged in a drive to get Kenny Washington appropriately recognized by the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio given his prominent role as a barrier-breaking pioneer of the modern N.F.L.